Let’s check the methods of washing different kinds of Woollen Caps.
Merino Wool Caps
Merino wool has exceptional moisture and odour control. Merino wool caps are light, soft, warm and stylishly designed.
1. The best care for the merino wool cap is to give it a hand wash in cold water, using a mild detergent like a baby shampoo. Soak it in shampoo water for five minutes. Swish the cap gently. Do not twist or wring the cap.
2. Squeeze out the excessive water. Place the cap in a towel and wrap it in. Let the towel soak water. Reshape the cap, spread it flat on another towel, and allow it to air dry.
1. Wash the cap using low temperature water, a mild detergent and the gentle or delicate machine cycle. Use the machine’s short spin cycle.
2. Squeeze out the excess water but do not wring or twist the cap. Do not tumble dry. Line dry the cap.
Finely-stitched and perfectly-fitting acrylic caps have an elegant look and high durability. They are available in multiple designs, bewitching colours, and charming styles.
1. If the acrylic cap is delicate, it has to be hand washed in tepid water, using a mild detergent. Rinse it thoroughly and roll it in a towel to gently press the water out.
2. Avoid wringing out water. This will stretch the fibres and damage them. Reshape the cap and leave it on a dry towel to air dry.
1. Place the cap in a bag for additional protection. Fill the machine with warm to cool water. Add a soft detergent. Wash on the gentle cycle.
2. Remove the cap from the machine, reshape the cap to its original shape and allow it to air dry on top of a clean towel.
Blended Wool Caps
Blended wool caps have 80 percent wool and 20 percent synthetic fibre. The caps give the great feel of wool and the resilience of the synthetic fibre. They keep the head warm and are stylish.
1. Hand wash in cool water. The detergent must be mild. Soak the cap for 20 minutes. Agitate gently. Rinse thoroughly in cool water.
2. Rule out wringing or twisting of the cap. Press the cap gently to push the excess water out. Allow it to air dry on a flat towel.
1. Blended wool caps can normally be machine washed. But turn the cap inside out; allow soaking for a few minutes and use the gentle cycle, cool water and a mild detergent for washing the cap.
2. Roll the cap in a towel and let the towel soak extra water. Do not wring or twist the cap. Allow it to air dry in a shade to prevent shrinking and reduce pilling.
Angora Wool Caps
Angora wool caps are beautiful, soft, warm and fluffy. They are comfortable even in extreme weather. They are available in many colours and have a silky touch.
1. Hand wash the angora cap in cold or lukewarm water with mild shampoo or soap. Turn the cap wrong side out and soak for about 20 minutes. . Rinse in cool water to remove all soap. Do not tumble dry. Do not twist or wring the cap.
2. Roll the cap in a towel to remove excess water. Place the cap flat on a towel to dry at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight.
1. Generally, a machine wash is not recommended for angora caps. But if a manufacturer does recommend a machine wash, it has to be in delicate mode, using cold water and a mild detergent.
2. The cap is to be rolled in a towel to absorb water and laid flat on another towel to air dry, away from direct sunlight.
Cashmere Wool Caps
Cashmere wool caps have a fine pattern and a nice feel, and are stylish and comfortable. The material is excellent, elegant, and yet casual. This classic cap is as smooth as can be. The durable fibre has a fine texture.
1. Hand washing is best for Cashmere wool caps. Use lukewarm water and a mild soap or shampoo. Put the cap in and swish in suds gently. Rinse thoroughly in lukewarm water. Just rule out any wringing or twisting of the cap.
2. Squeeze out the excess water gently. Spread the cap on a towel and bring it to its original shape. Roll the towel up and apply pressure on the towel to absorb water. Lay the cap flat on another towel to air dry.
1. Although Cashmere wool caps should only be given a hand wash, a machine wash is possible if recommended by the manufacturer. Put the cap in a bag. Select the woollens/ delicate cycle. Use cold water and a little bit of shampoo.
2. Spread the cap on a flat drying rack or clean towel in its natural shape. Avoid direct sunlight and heat during air drying. Never hang wool.
Australian Wool Caps
Australian wool caps come in various fashion design, and many colours and styles. The super wool cap is quite comfortable and attractive. They resist creasing, drape beautifully and keep out stains.
1. Hand wash in tepid water using a soft detergent. Rinse in cool water.
2. Roll in a towel to remove excess water. Air dry the cap on a flat towel away from direct heat or sunlight.
1. If a machine wash is allowed, use cold water and the delicate wool wash setting. Use the cold water and the wash cycle for delicates. Do not tumble dry the cap.
2. Remove the cap from the machine, squeeze lightly to force out water and spread it on a flat surface for air drying, away from direct heat or sunlight.