HOW TO WASH WOOLLEN THERMALS
In extreme conditions, when temperatures are well below the freezing point, it is windy and is snowing around, then, one need nothing but woollen thermals as the first layer protection on the body. The thermals fit well, can be given an anti-bacterial treatment that does not wash away, and they wick fast.
1. It is better to give woollen thermals a hand wash. This is done by using warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly.
2. Do not tumble dry woollen thermals. Use line drying for them.
1. Most woollen thermals can be machine washed. But use warm water and a mild detergent. Use the delicate or the wool washing cycle of the machine. Opt for the short spin cycle.
2. Do not tumble dry the woollen thermals. Line dry them.
HOW TO WASH WOOL BLEND THERMALS
Wool-blend thermals combine warmth with softness and durability. It produces a sleek, comfortable fit. It holds its shape for years.
1. Wool-blended thermals can be hand washed in warm water, using a mild detergent.
2. After thorough rinsing, the thermals should be spread flat on a surface for air-drying.
1. Wool-blended thermals can be machine-washed, using warm water, mild detergent, the delicate or wool setting of the machine and the short spin cycle.
2. After a thorough rinsing in warm water, spread the thermals on a flat surface to air dry.
HOW TO WASH COTTON THERMALS
Cotton thermals are cheap. It is useful only as a base layer when the user is going outside but not going to be very active.
1. All cotton thermals can be hand washed in warm water, using a mild detergent. The cotton thermals may be soaked in the soapy water for about ten minutes, rubbed gently at the soiled spots and then rinsed long enough to remove all soap.
2. Cotton thermals are to be spread on a flat surface to air dry.
1. Most cotton thermals can be machine washed in cold water in combination with a soft detergent. The wool or delicate cycle of the machine is to be used.
2. After a thorough rinsing, the cotton thermal garment should be spread on a flat surface for air-drying.
The thermal wear users must keep in mind that regular ironing can be performed at a low-temperature setting of 110 ℃. Do not go in for dry cleaning of the thermal wear. And it should not be bleached.
A large number of thermal wear manufacturers are now competing for a share of the market. They come out with instructions on how to wash the brand. They claim that the recommended way of washing will retain their properties. However, every thermal wear will lose some of its potency with every wash. Also, there is a possibility of the user’s warranty being void if the washing instructions are not followed. So, there is no alternative to following the instructions, at least until the warranty period is over.
SPOT CLEANING, AIRING
It will always be better to keep the number of washes as low as possible. A simple spill of some food item can be spot cleaned. A slightly sweaty aura can be got rid of by handing the thermal underwear in an airy place for five-six hours.