Let’s check the methods of washing different kinds of Woollen Sweater.
Pashmina Wool Sweaters
Finest grade pashmina sweaters have a superb feel, they drape beautifully, feels soft, warm and will last a lifetime. Pashmina sweaters are available in timelessly elegant design.
1. Pashmina sweaters are to be hand washed in lukewarm water. Use a soft detergent or a baby shampoo. Let the sweater soak for a few minutes. Swish around softly. Gently rub soiled areas. Rinse with lukewarm water until the detergent is fully removed.
2. Do not wring or twist pashmina sweaters. Spread it on a flat dry towel to air-dry. Do not hang the sweater. This may result in stretching of the wool.
1. No machine wash is usually recommended for pashmina sweaters. But they can be machine washed on the delicate option in cold water with a light detergent. Comfortable warm water too can be used to wash pashmina sweaters with shampoo. Rinse long enough in cold water to remove the detergent.
2. Roll the sweater in a towel to remove excess water. Spread the sweater flat on another towel to air-dry.
Merino Wool Sweaters
The soft and lush merino wool sweaters create a rich feeling. It is the perfect sweater at work and on holiday. It is stylish, beautiful and warm. They are available in many colours and subtle shades. They are lightweight and odour-resistant.
1. Use cold water. Add a mild soap suitable for delicate fabrics. Soak the sweater for a few minutes. Rinse the sweater in cold water thoroughly but gently.
2. Do not wring or twist the sweater. Squeeze it gently to force out excess water. Place it on a flat tower for air-drying. Do not hang a merino sweater, as it will stretch out.
1. Some brands of merino wool sweaters can be given a machine wash, check for washing instructions if there are any for it. But use only the gentle/ delicate cycle. Use warm water and a gentle detergent. Turn the sweater inside out and put it in a bag. Use the washing machine’s short spin cycle. Rinse with warm water.
2. Do not even think of giving the sweater a tumble dry. Squeeze it gently to push out water. Wrap it in a towel and let the towel absorb water. Spread the sweater flat on another towel to air-dry, but away from direct sun.
Quality acrylic sweaters are durable. They keep the hands warm during cold environment. The man-made fibres dissipate moisture efficiently and are available in many colours.
1. Hand wash the acrylic sweaters if they are delicate. Use warm water and a mild detergent. Allow them to soak for five minutes. After a thorough rinsing with warm water, roll the sweater in a towel and allow the towel to absorb as much water as possible.
2. Never wring the sweaters, nor twist them. Reshape the sweaters and spread them on a dry towel to air-dry.
1. Acrylic sweaters can be machine-washed. Fill the washing machine with warm water and use a gentle detergent. Place the sweater in and use the delicate/ wool cycle. Use the machine’s short spin cycle. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.
2. Acrylic sweaters can often be tumble dried. Use that option if the washing instructions say so. Otherwise, wrap the sweater in a towel and allow as much water to be soaked as possible. Spread flat on a towel and let the sweater air-dry in shade.
Blended Wool Sweaters
Blended wool sweaters usually have 80 percent wool and 20 percent synthetic fibre. The stylish sweater keeps you warm. It brings a sparkle into your life. The sweaters have the great woollen feel. They also have the resilience of the synthetic fibre.
1. Wash the sweater gently with cold water and a mild soap or shampoo. Rinse the soap off with cold water. Do not twist or wring the sweater. Press it gently to remove excess soap and water.
2. Wrap the sweater in a dry towel. Press the towel to absorb excess water. Lay the sweater on a flat surface on top of a dry towel for air-drying.
1. Wash blended wool sweater in a washing machine, if the washing instructions say so. Use the gentle cycle, cold or lukewarm water and a mild detergent. The sweater can be put in a bag to give it extra protection. Never twist or wring the sweater.
2. Softly squeeze the water out of the sweater. Roll the sweater in a towel and absorb water. Spread the gloves on another flat towel to air-dry in a shade.
Angora Wool Sweaters
Angora sweaters are warm because the rabbit hair has a hollow centre, which locks in heat. The sweaters have a distinct fuzzy style. They are also comfortable to wear all the time. Angora sweaters are soft and have a silky touch.
1. Soak the sweater in tepid water mixed with a mild detergent for about 10 minutes. Add vinegar if the sweater smells of sweat. Swish the sweater around. Use cold water and a mild soap. Rinse with tepid water until the detergent is washed out.
2. Gently squeeze the excess water out and roll the sweater in a towel to absorb water. Spread the sweater flat on a white towel to air-dry, far away from direct heat or sunlight.
1. Angora sweaters are generally hand-washed or dry-cleaned. A machine wash is not recommended for angora sweaters.
Cashmere Wool Sweaters
The durable cashmere wool sweaters are super-soft and warm. They come with many embellishments and in different patterns. They are available is stylish designs. The strong fibre has a fine texture. It is soft and light.
1. Hand wash cashmere wool sweaters in tepid water, using a soft detergent. Soak the sweater for about ten minutes. Swirl the sweater gently to loosen soil. Gently rub the soiled spots. Do not wring or twist the sweater. Rinse in tepid water until the detergent is washed out.
2. Gently squeeze the sweater to push out excess water. Roll the sweater in a towel and press gently to absorb as much water as possible. Spread on another flay towel to air-dry away from sun.
1. Cashmere sweaters can be given a machine wash in a bag, choosing the delicate or wool setting. Lukewarm water and a mild shampoo are to be used. Rinse with tepid water. Do not tumble dry.
2. Take out the sweater, squeeze gently to press out water, wrap in a towel to absorb more water and spread on a flat towel for air-drying.
Australian Wool Sweaters
Australian wools are soft. Most of them can be washed by machine. They are luxurious, soft, warm and comfortable to wear. They have natural breathability, resist creasing, and repulse stains.
1. Fill a basin with warm water to cover the sweater. Choose a mild detergent suitable for delicate garments. Soak the sweater for five minutes. Rinse it with warm water until the detergent is out. Never twist or wring the sweater. Squeeze the sweater gently to push out water. Roll in a towel to absorb water. Spread flat on a dry towel or on a drying rack for air-drying, away from sun.
1. Machine-wash the Australian wool sweater using tepid water, a mild shampoo and the gentle cycle. Do not tumble dry. Squeeze out the extra water gently.
2. Spread the sweater on a flat surface for air-drying, away from direct heat or sunlight.